ROADS around Sefton Park will be in lock-down this weekend as a motor vehicle ban comes in force for the second Liverpool International Music Festival.
There will be no parking available around the park, says Liverpool City Council, and people are being urged to use public transport where possible.
During Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday, there will be an "enhanced" bus service operating on all routes which operate near the park – these are routes 60, 61, 68, 75, 76, 80, 80A and 82. The nearest bus stops around the park are Aigburth Road, Aigburth Vale, Ullet Road and Smithdown Road.
There will also be a special LIMF shuttle bus running to the park from Mann Island between 12pm and 4pm from Saturday to Monday, which will also call at St John’s Lane.
A return service from Sefton Park to the city centre will be in operation from 6pm on Saturday and Sunday, and 7pm on Bank Holiday Monday.
The details of the full line-up can be found here.
Traveline Merseyside has bus timetables here. Good luck with that.
Alternatively, the nearest Merseyrail station to Sefton Park is St Michael’s.
LIMF rules for the public this weekend include:
Seating isn’t provided - so bring your own rug, cushions or light-weight chairs
· No glass is permitted on site, food and drink needs to be in plastic containers
· No open vessels of alcohol can be taken off the event site
· Don’t be a litterbug – use the bins or take everything home to dispose of it
· To make sure everyone has a great view, large umbrellas and gazebos are not permitted in the stage area
· No barbecues, garden flares or fireworks allowed
· No animals allowed other than assistance dogs
· Campervans, motor-homes, caravans, camping tents, trailer tents or anything else that attached and transported by a car or other motor vehicle, are not permitted
Great drawing, love the mini Stonehenge.Read more
Julian Cope the real thing compared with his halfwitted ex-associate and professional scouser Pete…Read more
They make a lovely SOUP, even when they end up like the so called performer........WASHED UP!!!!…Read more
Naked under a TURTLESHELL!!! What happened to the TURTLE???Read more